Terms of Boat and Equipment Rentals
- 1. A Late Charge of $1/minute will apply if boat is returned after the designated return time as stated on the Rental Agreement.
The boats come with a full tank of gas and must be returned full (excluding fishing boats). Fuel charges will apply if not returned full.
- 2. We require 24 hours notice for cancellation of a rental. If we are not notified 24 hours before the time indicated on rental agreement, the Lessee will be charged for the rental.
- 3. In the case of inclement weather, Buckeye reserves the right to refuse the rental if we feel it is unsafe to be out on the water. The rental may be rescheduled for another date.
- 4. Lessee is responsible for any damage that occurs to the boat and/or provided contents. A damage deposit is taken on a credit card as a pre-authorization payment at the time of the rental. All vessels will be checked for damages before and after the rental with you present. Charges will be administered when a final damage quote is known.
- 5. Lessee must obey the by the rules and regulations of the Canadian Coast Guard. Drugs or alcohol are strictly prohibited on the watercraft. Buckeye reserves the right to refuse rental to anyone that is suspected of being under the influences of drugs or alcohol.
- 6. Buckeye provides all of the safety equipment required for each vessel as indicated under the Marine Safety by Transportation Canada to ensure the boat is legal.
- 7. Renters are HIGHLY recommended to obtain a pleasure operators card before the rental. See www.boatsmartexam.com for more information on the Boat Smart course and exams. If you don’t have a boater’s license, you may complete a boater safety checklist (Canadian Coast Guard Approved) which acts as a temporary license for the duration of the rental.
- 8. Lock fees are not included in the rental fee. For lock hours and pricing please refer to the Trent Severn Waterway website at www.trentsevern.com/